Prussian military strategist Helmuth von Moltke is credited with saying “No battle plan survives contact with the enemy.” While the military analogy breaks down quickly, a corollary principle that guides sound business leadership is “No strategic plan survives first contact with the market.”
The key to business success is not developing strategic plans but, rather, the strategic planning process itself. This was never more true than it is in the constantly changing world in which we live today.
Successful leaders in business and industry know the importance of having a clear vision forward but, at the same time, building into the organization the agility and risk tolerance necessary to embrace change. We help business leaders accomplish this through:
- Visioneering for outcomes-driven strategic planning
- Implementing sustainable strategy development processes in organizations
- Embracing and managing business risk to achieve competitive advantage
- Developing and implementing disruptive strategies to break out from the pack
- Market assessment and portfolio strategies
- Organizational and operational alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Development of implementation plans
For over thirty years, Mike has been actively involved, as a coach, entrepreneur, scientist, business executive and management consultant, in the areas of executive leadership, organizational development and change management, strategic planning and execution, and financial analysis. He has provided strategic, operational and financial leadership to small and medium-sized firms, as well as Fortune 500 companies and large government organizations, in a broad range of industries. Mike holds BS and PhD degrees from the Georgia Institute of Technology and has had additional training in finance and accounting, strategic planning and management, leadership development, and succession planning, from various top-tier institutions.